WhiteHat Security: Reclaiming Leadership Position in Gartner MQ
After two years of being in the challenger position of the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Application Security, we set out to overhaul the communications and analyst relations program at the company, catapulting WhiteHat back into the leader position in 2020. It was shortly after this achievement that WhiteHat was acquired by NTT Security.
About the Project
We collaborated with WhiteHat Security to bolster their positioning in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Application Security Testing. For two years, WhiteHat was moved into the challenger position.
In a 9-month period, we assisted WhiteHat in reclaiming a leadership position, through an aggressive analyst and press strategy.
Omnia successfully enhanced WhiteHat Security’s reputation, visibility, and recognition in the highly competitive application security testing market.
WhiteHat Security has been in the business of securing applications for over 15 years. In that time, we’ve seen applications evolve and become the driving force of the digital business, but they’ve also remained the primary target of malicious hacks.
The WhiteHat Application Security Platform is a cloud service that allows organizations to bridge the gap between security and development to deliver secure applications at the speed of business. This innovative platform is one of the reasons why WhiteHat has won numerous awards and been positioned by Gartner as a Leader in application security testing four times in row. The company is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif., with regional offices across the U.S. and Europe.
WhiteHat was acquired by NTT Security, and then by Synopsys for $330M on Apr 27, 2022.
- Regain Leadership Position: The primary objective was to help WhiteHat Security reestablish its leadership position in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Application Security Testing.
- Enhance Analyst Perception: Omnia aimed to improve the perception of WhiteHat Security among industry analysts, specifically those influential in the application security testing field.
- Increase Industry Recognition: By leveraging press and media strategies, Omnia sought to increase WhiteHat Security’s visibility and recognition within the application security testing market.
- Strengthen Market Presence: The project aimed to strengthen WhiteHat Security’s overall presence and credibility in the industry, positioning them as a trusted and reliable provider of application security testing solutions.
- Market Analysis: Omnia conducted an in-depth analysis of the application security testing market, including market trends, competitor landscape, and Gartner Magic Quadrant evaluation criteria. This analysis formed the foundation for the subsequent strategies and recommendations.
- Strategy Development: Based on the market analysis, Omnia collaborated with WhiteHat Security to develop a comprehensive strategy. This strategy encompassed analyst engagement, press releases, media outreach, and thought leadership initiatives to enhance WhiteHat’s positioning and reputation.
- Analyst Engagement: Omnia facilitated regular interactions between WhiteHat Security and influential industry analysts. These engagements included briefings, product demonstrations, and sharing strategic updates to ensure that analysts had accurate and up-to-date information about WhiteHat’s offerings.
- Thought Leadership Initiatives: Omnia worked with WhiteHat to create and promote thought leadership content, such as whitepapers, case studies, and blog posts. These materials highlighted WhiteHat’s expertise, innovation, and thought leadership within the application security testing domain.
- Media Outreach: Omnia leveraged press releases, media pitches, and media interviews to generate positive coverage for WhiteHat Security. They strategically positioned WhiteHat’s achievements, product updates, and industry contributions to enhance brand visibility and recognition.
- Performance Monitoring: Omnia continuously monitored the impact of the strategies implemented, tracking WhiteHat Security’s progress in terms of analyst perception, media coverage, and industry recognition. This allowed for necessary adjustments and fine-tuning to ensure optimal results.
- Leadership Position Reclaimed: WhiteHat Security successfully regained its leadership position in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Application Security Testing, solidifying its status as a trusted and top-tier provider in the market.
- Improved Analyst Perception: Analysts’ perception of WhiteHat Security improved significantly, with a greater recognition of their capabilities, innovation, and market relevance within the application security testing space.
- Increased Industry Recognition: WhiteHat Security experienced a notable increase in industry recognition and visibility, driven by strategic press releases, media coverage, and thought leadership initiatives. This helped position the company as a go-to solution provider for application security testing.
- Strengthened Market Presence: WhiteHat Security’s overall market presence and credibility were significantly strengthened, allowing them to attract new customers, forge strategic partnerships, and drive business growth.
In summary, our expert analyst and press strategy played a pivotal role in helping WhiteHat Security regain its leadership
View more projects like WhiteHat.
GTM Strategies, Positioning, Value Frameworks
This page gives highlights and overviews of GTM strategies, messaging and positioning blueprints and value frameworks completed for several enterprise technology companies over the past decade...
Check Point Software: Healthcare Cybersecurity
Solutions brief for Check Point Software focused on healthcare cybersecurity, discussing the following: Unique challenges of healthcare cybersecurity Details of Check Point’s platform capabilities for healthcare Insights on how...